Saturday, January 19, 2008

Banished

Okay, so maybe banished isn't exactly the correct term... but it sure feels that way to me.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I can be somewhat of, as my sister so lovingly puts it, a control freak. It's okay... I can admit it, I like to be in control of things. Most of the time this works for me, obviously, but there are times, not very often, that I just need to let go.
What I'm getting at here is the painting of the nursery.

Jeff and I went out tonight and bought all the paint and accoutrement's to paint the nursery. The plan is to paint the bottom half of the room a deep red colour, the top half will remain the colour it already is... builder's 'mocha', which really isn't too bad at all. There will be white chair rail separating the two colours. Then my SUPER talented brother is going to come and paint a mural above the chair rail. So tonight we bought everything we and my brother will need.

I am just SO freaking excited about this project I can barely contain myself!! Well, it turns out that Jeff is just as excited as I am and after we got home, at 9pm, he decided that he was going to start on the nursery. WOO HOO!!
We spent time clearing EVERYTHING out of the room, wiping down the walls, taping off the baseboards and trim (that was my job... fun!) and putting down the drop cloth. Then it happened... I was banished from the room!!!

Okay, okay... I KNOW that I am not supposed to be painting when pregnant. But I really, really want to!! I've heard that it's okay to paint while pregnant if you have the window open... it's minus a gazillion degrees outside, and while this would be fine for me, the human furnace, I don't think Jeff would enjoy painting with a parka on! And really, I know it's not recommended anyway. Even the sales lady at Home Depot asked me not to paint. Apparently the darker the colour, the worse the toxins and fumes... who knew!?

So this is where we are. It's currently 11:33pm, Jeff is priming the room and I am banished to the basement.

We will be sure to take lots of progression shots of the room. Here's what we have so far:


The room all taped off ready to go:



Jeff mixing the primer (check out that Pepto Bismol colour!!!):



And finally I leave you with something I realized tonight that I found rather amusing:

At 16 weeks when the shirt still somewhat fit VS. tonight, at 28 weeks (same shirt, same pants):


I guess my tummy has grown more than I thought!!

Night!

1 comment:

Michael Byers said...

Hahahaha. I'm glad you're not painting. If it's recommended that you not participate then it's for the better. I know it's hard when you're so excited about helping. You'll be happy with the results and all will be good. Love the blog. I'm glad you started one.