Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June already?!?!?

First I have to apologize to those avid blog readers out there who have been patiently waiting for an update; I don't know where May went!! Being out of town for half the month sure didn't help.
But I'm back now and that's what matters... right?!

I'll back track a little just so you can have all the pertinent information:

April 30th - We took Michael for his one month check up. At this appointment he weighed in at 8lbs 3oz and 22 inches long. For those of you who aren't keeping track that's a WHOPPING 3.5lbs gained and 3 inches grown... in only 30 DAYS!!!! THIRTY DAYS!!! Even the doctor was surprised by his weight gain... pleased, but surprised.

May 10th - Had us out in Font Hill for a lovely "Meet the baby/shower"-type event held by Jeff's Aunt. It was a beautiful day and we all had lots of fun.

May 11th - Mother's Day. My first (obviously) and it was wonderful. Unfortunately Jeff had to work but was able to make it in time for dinner. Michael and I spent the day with Jeff's parent's then we all went to Swiss Chalet for dinner. YUM!

May 15th - Michael was up at 5am to feed. That meant that Jeff was also up packing the last few items into the car. We were off for Michael's first road trip!! 7 weeks old and already heading out for a VERY long drive. We were on the highway by 6:30am (after stopping at Tim Horton's, of course!). We were so lucky... Michael slept the WHOLE way! We stopped once to feed him and ourselves before arriving at our first destination - Apple Hill (just before the Ontario/Quebec border). We had a nice visit with Jenni, Andy, Jack and Colby before we were off again. Next stop was Steph and Dan's house. More lovely visits with family who had never before met Michael. He was good, although slightly cranky after such a long car ride. But really, who isn't!? :)

The next day we were off to visit some old family friends (old as in they've been friends of the family a long time... not old as in, OLD!). After supper we were back on the road to Vermont to see my parents.

Jeff had to head back home (someone has to make the money!!) but Michael and I stayed another week and a half. We had a great time down in Vermont - shopping, running errands, watching movies, visiting, etc. I think Michael enjoyed the cuddles with Grandma and Grandpa best though!!
Michelle came down for the weekend and to bring us back home... thanks Michelle!
We had a great trip and will do it again soon. (I'll post pics of the trip later on)

May 30th - We took Michael for his two month check up and first set of shots. This time he weighed in at 11lbs 13.5oz and 22.5inches long. My god we've got a monster on our hands!!! He has already doubled his birth weight... something babies should do by SIX months, not two!! And before you go asking what we feed him... it's still only breast milk. Nothing wrong with my supply, that's for sure!!
He also got his first round of shots... he was NOT happy!! We have NEVER heard him scream like he did that day. Next time I'll be sure to give him the Tylenol BEFORE we get there. It took him a few days to get back to normal but today he's a giggly as ever.

Today - We (and by we, I mean I) started using the cloth diapers today. So far so good... but get back to me in a week or so. ;)

So that's what's been happening in Michael's life the past few weeks. He's smiling much more and babbling a lot. I love it!!

I'll be sure to post a ton of pictures next time but for now I'll leave you with this one... one of my favourites!!



Thanks for reading!!
Good night!

No comments: